Tuesday, August 29, 2006

School Begins Without Me

Well, school has finally began again for the students in Riverside. I didn't have to go back with them because I am in the process of taking the CBEST to become a substitute teacher. I resigned from my job of 6 months at Madison Elementary School and I will never have to be a instructional assistant again (unless I have this lingering desire to go back and do that again)! I am sort of excited to sub and sort of not. Here are my fears:

1) I won't pass the CBEST when I take it in October and will look stupid and have to retake it in January or February.
2) I will get bored and lazy between now and the time all my paperwork goes through to actually sub.
3) I will be called every morning at 5am (the butt crack of dawn) and I will be a grouchy sub all day long or I'll pick up the phone and hang it up never getting a sub job ever.
4) I will have to take a TB Test for the eightieth time in three years (really it would only be the third time)
5) I will have to be fingerprinted again and the same lady who took 30 minutes the last time will be pulling at my fingers again and again. (Apparently I have fingers that don't fingerprint well, who knew?)
6) I will not get a job at all and all my precious time and money will be wasted (not to mention the fact that I expelled a lot of brain cells taking a test to be a sub)

Hopefully none of that will happen or if it does at least I'll have already gone over the scenario several times in my head. Until then I guess I will just enjoy my time off and pray that I pass the test!!

1 comment:

B. C. Lovato said...

haha, the thing about your fingers being hard to fingerprint is funny. I've never even heard of that. You should become a cat burglar instead!