Thursday, September 10, 2009

MOPS...


Today began a new year of MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers). For those who don't know it is a program designed for women who are moms to preschool age children. There is also a program for the kids going on at the same time. It is such a wonderful outlet for mothers, especially at the beginning of motherhood when your life gets turned upside down. :-)

I have to confess that last year I was not going to join in the group because I felt a bit of pressure coming from many sides. Being the wife of a youth pastor you have eyes on you at all times, so I really wanted to be defiant and not join a ministry that I was "expected" to join. I'm so glad I didn't listen to myself and that I listened to God! MOPS has been such a blessing for me. It has helped me to forge new friendships to learn that it's okay to have mommy guilt sometimes. I've learned to be a little more laid back in the things I do. To not sweat the small stuff!! I've learned that I'm not the only mom who has days she just wishes she could have five minutes to myself. I've learned that God is in control of my life and that I can't do this "mom thing" without His help or the help of others.

All this said, I'm really excited this for this year and all the new friendships that will be formed and all the new things we will learn! It's going to be a great year "Together on Planet Mom!"

1 comment:

Tawny said...

Nicole! You're going to think I'm crazy...but I somehow saw you on Facebook and then saw you had a blog, so here I am! Really I'm NOT your stalker :)
I totally wish I DIDN'T work and I could do MOPS...I have some friends that do it too! I wonder if you know them?!
See you soon :)