Sunday, May 30, 2010

Vacation's Coming Soon...

In a few weeks we leave for North Carolina... this will be our first time to this state. It should be a fun experience. Mike will be teaching at a conference. (He isn't the main speaker he's just doing some training for the youth pastors.) I'm looking forward to being there and exploring a new place. I love researching the places I'm going to and then seeing the sights when I get there so that should be fun. I'm looking forward to having a little bit of down time (as much as you can with an almost 2 year old) away from home.
What I'm not looking forward to is the three weeks leading up to the trip when I have to pack for myself, Addie and some for Mike. I also have to figure out what types of snacks to bring (if I have time to get some there), make sure everything is taken care of when we're gone and make sure I don't leave the house a mess only to come home to a mess that I won't want to clean up. The last thing I'm not looking forward to is the red eye flight we will be taking. We leave LAX at 10:30pm on the 19th and arrive in Charlotte, NC at 6:00am on the 20th, only to have to drive two hours to Ridgecrest. It will be a looooooong day!
I know I sound like I'm complaining and maybe I am a little, but when all is said and done I am going to try and enjoy this last plane trip as a family, at least for a little while, because Addie will be two years old soon and we will have to pay for a full price ticket. I love my kid, but I am not paying $300 for a flight where she takes up less room then some people's carry-ons. :-)

I'll be back to write again about what happens on our trip!

No comments: