Monday, June 29, 2009

Glorieta: Day Two

Today it was our first full day in Glorieta. Mike got up early to go to a meeting for the Fuge staff. I "slept" in until 7:30am which would actually be 6:30 California time. Addie and I got ready and while Mike was teaching his track we walked around. We went and saw the lake and walked around the building called New Mexico Hall. After this we walked with Mike down by the lake and over to the Dining Hall for lunch. I don't know what I was expecting but it was pretty much your typical camp food... corn dogs, hot dogs, beans, broccoli and a cookie. The cookie was good and that is all I have to say. While Mike taught his afternoon tracks Addie and I both napped. I don't really like to nap, but my body told me I needed one. When Mike was finished we drove into Santa Fe and ate at a place called The Shed. It was pretty good food... sort of a southwest Mexican restaurant is how I would describe it. My tacos had the chicken underneath them so I sort of had to eat it with a fork and knife. We also explored a few shops and saw the Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi. It was very beautiful. We came back to listen to the music and the speaker at camp. I had to take Addie out for a little bit since she was making a lot of talking noises, but from what I heard the speaker is a very good communicator. We took some pictures by the chapel and we were able to experience a beautiful New Mexico sunset. Enjoy the pics. More tomorrow!

My tasty dinner!

The Cathedral


On our way back to Glorieta!


My beautiful daughter


The Family

Another gorgeous sunset to complete our day!

No comments: