Friday, June 09, 2006

Another 3 Weeks?!?!?!

Yesterday I was very excited in the morning because it was the day that my splint was coming off my finger and I would be able to bend my entire right ring finger. Not so much was the luck of one Nicole Christine Lovato! I had a different doctor (such are the ways of Kaiser) andfirst he told me that I would have to have the splint on for three more weeks and after that I would have to wear the splint at night (kind of like a retainer) for about three more weeks. It wouldn't have been so bad except that they had to extend my finger a little bit more and put it in a completely different splint that makes my entire finger stay straight. This makes it very difficult to write and do many other right-handed activities. Moral of the story boys and girls: Open your hands when trying to catch a dodgeball and if you do happen to break your finger while playing this extreme game, don't wait two weeks to get it checked out!

No comments: