Wednesday, September 06, 2006

GOOOOOOOALS!!!!!

Towards the beginning of the summer I posted a blog and in it I wrote that I had some goals I wanted to meet this summer. Well, I'm sorry to say that most of those goals were not met. Here were the goals I didn't meet and the reason why:

Goal #1: Learn to play the guitar

I have wanted to learn to play the guitar for a really long time. I can play the piano and read music somewhat well so I figured that learning to play the guitar wouldn't be that hard. This all would have been great had I not broken my finger at the beginning of the summer. I unfortunately had a splint on my finger for half the summer so my lessons did not ever happen. I would assume it's a bit difficult to strum a guitar when your right ring finger is jutting out straight.

Goal #2: Take a dance class

This was all set to go until my beautiful sister backed out. I was really excited because my sister and I were going to take a Hip Hop dance class (yes, I know I am probably the whitest dancer ever) through parks and rec here in Riverside. She is in Color Guard at her school and it takes up her entire life, especially in the summer. (Grant it her high schools band and color guard ARE going to the Rose Parade in January.)

Goal #3: Write a Play

This one doesn't really have a valid excuse except that my creative juices have not been flowing lately. Everytime I think of something to write about in my head, it ends up being pretty cheesy when I put it down on paper.

Although none of these goals were met I don't feel as though my summer was a waste at all. I did meet some unexpected goals though:

Unexpected Goal #1: I rode a gondola up to and then stood at the top of a 10,000 foot mountain
Unexpected Goal #2: I have made it almost two months without taking medicine for anxiety!!
Unexpected Goal #3: I am starting a visual arts team for the high school students in our church

I would love to meet my goals at the top someday! Maybe I'll shoot to achieve those goals by the end of the school year! We'll see...

No comments: