Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Three More Weeks...

Three weeks from now I will know the sex of my baby. I know I haven't talked much about my pregnancy or really blogged much at all lately. It's been pretty busy in LovatoLand right now. We moved a week and a half ago to a new home. Yeah. We move a lot. It's what we do. Anyway, back to the whole point of this blog.

In three weeks I will get to know if I'm having a girl or a boy. I see pros and cons to both of these cases:

If it's a girl-

Cons
  • If my child is like I was, we could have a very "crazy" little child. I was very close to being like the girl on the exorcist!
  • When shes a teenager we will have to let her out of the house and talk to teenage boys. I know teenage boys, I don't want my daughter to hang around them.
Pros
  • I get to buy cute girl clothes for her and put cute bows and headbands in her hair
  • I'm a girl, so therefore I know how girls work (for the most part) mentally, phsically, emotionally and socially.
If it's a boy-

Cons
  • I don't want to have to deal with them when they are teenagers and start to go through puberty. I know what boys have on their brain 98% of the time!
  • You can't always dress them as cutesy as girls
Pros
  • They would probably be pretty mellow. Mike's pretty mellow and the boys on my side of the family are pretty mellow. I would like that!
  • I would be the only girl in the house and therefore it would be required for me to still be treated like a queen! :-)
No matter if I have a boy or a girl I will still love them! To update you on the rest of my pregnancy, here goes:

I have had no morning sickness (a bit nauseous for a few weeks back in December) and I am now in my second trimester at 17 weeks. I am barely showing. Most of the time people can't tell I'm pregnant. I'm gonna soak in the fact that I'm not huge yet because I know the day is coming. I haven't felt any movement yet. I have heard the baby's heartbeat and all is good there. The baby tends to move around a lot every time we go to the doctor. My doctor kept trying to listen to the heartbeat, but the baby kept swimming away and moving around a lot!

We are very excited about it all and will try to keep you updated more frequently!

No comments: