Friday, August 20, 2010

Letting Go...

I have to give up control... that's the bottom line of everything I do in my life. I have a hard time not trying to control every situation of my life and when something doesn't go exactly like I planned I feel as though I've failed. What I have to learn from all situations is to let go and let God take it. Deep down in my heart I know this and I believe this, but putting it into practice is not always so easy.
Today we took down my daughters crib and put up the toddler railing. Nothing crazy, but still a big step. This one little thing made my heart hurt for a while thinking about her growing up. I know she has to grow up and learn things and I wouldn't want her to stay little and always having to do everything for her, but it still feels like one of those situations I want to control, but I know I can't.
I have struggled with anxiety for the past 9 years and have recently gone off medication in hopes of being able to control it with more healthy eating, exercise and prayer AND relying on God more. It's been hard and I know that I have to let go of the things I can't control, but I'm finding with knowing that God wins every time there shouldn't be anything that I can't do, even as simple as letting my little girl grow-up.

Below is a picture of Addie at the recent beach trip we went to with our high school students:

No comments: