Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love in Many Forms....

Disclaimer: I wanted to post pictures with each one of these, but for some reason it's having a hard time. Maybe I'll post them tomorrow.

As I was driving home from my parents house tonight I was thinking about all the people in my life that I love so I thought I would write a blog about it being that it's Valentines Day and all.

First off I love my church family and the students I get to work with. Sometimes they drive me nuts (especially the younger ones) but at other times they amaze me with their heart for others and especially their heart for God.

Next I love the friends I get to spend time with and even the friends I don't get to see that often. I love my MOPS group. Mike calls it youth group for moms and I'd say that is a pretty accurate description of it, except we are a little more mature now. I have a few friends that moved away last year. Even though we won't get to see each other very often I still love that when we get together it's like no time has passed.

Third I love my in-laws. They have always been super supportive of Mike and I in everything we do. They LOVE my kid and I definitely LOVE their kid. I also have the cutest niece and nephew that you will ever come in contact with.

I love my brother and sister! They are some of the funniest people I know and when we are together we have tons of fun. My brother is such a nice, caring, gentle and loving young man. Ever since I started dating when I was in high school he turned into my "big" brother and is definitely always looking out for me. MY sister and I are almost 11 years apart in age, but man are we like the same person sometimes. She's great! I love how we think the same things are funny and how wonderfully we get along. I know that we will always be genuine with each other and for that I am thankful.

My parents are super wonderful!! I love them so much! After 32 years of marriage they still love each other and have lots of fun together. I'm pretty sure my dad drives my mom nuts 90 percent of the time, but somehow it works. I know that they love and support me in all the things I do and they are super cute!!

Next is the cutest most precious person to ever come into my life (okay, besides my husband) me beautiful daughter, Addison. She drives me nuts sometimes with her whining and her constant need to talk about everything, but those are also what makes her who she is. I love that some days she'll spell random words for me and tell me what it says or that she will suddenly burst out into an Adele song and in the next second start singing a worship song. I love how I'm seeing her eyes open to who Jesus is as she asks me questions about him all the time. I love that she prays and that it has to rotate every night on who is praying that night. I love it when she prays and thanks God for the monsters, but to make them go away. :-) She is definitely a joy in my life!

Now to my husband! He is super awesome! I love how he loves maps and gets all nerdy when he talks about city planning. He might be the funniest person I know, but I try not to let it go to his head by telling him all the time. :-) I love that he loves God and that he always tries to do the right thing! I love that he loves students and wants to see them grow in their faith. I love that he loves us (his family) and works hard to provide for us spiritually and financially.

Last, but definitely not least I love my God! He is my Glorious, Wonderful, Amazing, and Holy Saviour! His love is unconditional and it amazes me how He still loves me no matter what I do. He loves me so much that He sent down Jesus to die for my sins and those of all other people. How amazing is that love? So much more compared to what I've said about all the people in my life!!

“This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.” 1 John 4:10

No comments: