Friday, July 27, 2007

A Case of Mistaken Identity...

Over a month or two ago I wrote about how Casey Angulo links me on her blog, which I'm not gonna lie, made me extremely excited! Needless to say, I told you I would give you the funny story of the first time we met.

It was probably about 4 or 5 years ago now and we were at some kind of youth rally (I think at Woodcrest. Sorry, but I'm bad with the specifics). Anyway, at the end of the night there was this time for prayer and I ended up being in a group with Mike (my husband), a random student (I think) and another girl (Casey) who I thought was a student of ours named Katie. While we were praying I prayed for Katie (or Casey in this case) by name. Not the most embarrassing moment of my life ever but I didn't even realize what I had done until a few moments later when we were done praying and Mike introduced me to Casey.

In my defense it was quite dark inside and in my opinion Casey and this other girl Katie look a lot alike, other than the fact that they are probably about 7 to 10 years apart in age. For some reason this case of mistaken identity has always remained a memory of mine. Now every time I am going to pray with a student I make sure I look at them first to make sure I say the right name.

I now have Casey linked in my "Blogs I Read" section! Go read her blog, it's pretty sweet!

1 comment:

Casey Angulo said...

Good times. :)