Thursday, July 19, 2007

My S.H.A.P.E.

Lately, I have been thinking a lot about where I fit in ministry in the church. For the last 7 years I have been involved in youth ministry and while I love it I have been thinking lately if this is where I'm really supposed to be ministering... until this week. At our church this week is a little thing we like to call VBS (Vacation Bible School). I have been teaching second grade all week and let's just say...whew! I am exhausted. I am pretty sure that I have found my shape and it's not children's ministry. I love the kids, I love that they love me already even though they barely know me and I especially love that they have this joy about loving God at such a young age. The things I don't love is constantly having to count and make sure we have ten kids, singing and doing hand motions for a total of 45 minutes a day and the fact that our theme is sports and all they want to do is play baseball in the classroom. At one point this week I actually thought, "I do not want kids!", but then I came to my senses and realized that there is no way I would have ten kids at once or even ten kids total, so I felt a little better. Only two more nights of what I call pure chaos and then I can get back to what I do best... loving on high school students!

Oh! Check out my other blog about Mike and I going to London.

No comments: