Wednesday, May 17, 2006

More Tales of a Broken Finger


Today I ventured to Kaiser again. This time to the Orthopedic Doctor. He had great news for me and some not so great news for me. The great news is that I got a new splint cast thing that doesn't cover my entire finger and make my finger stiff. The not so great news is that I no longer can pursue my career apirations to be a hand model because for the rest of my life I will have a crooked right ring finger. Unfortunately I waited too long to actually go to the doctor after the initial break, that unless I have surgery (which could possibly give me a stiff finger) there is nothing they can do since the bone has already started to grow back together. The other "exciting" news is that I have arthritis in my finger now and will for the rest of my life because of the break. I do have to say that I have taken this surprisingly well. I keep telling myself there's really not much I can do since it was just one of those freak accidents. I do have this to finish with though: I don't think I will ever be playing dodgeball again (at least not with high school students, possibly preschoolers)!

No comments: