Thursday, August 17, 2006

Book Meme

Okay, I've been tagged by my wonderful husband, Mike to do this Booke Meme thing. Here goes:

1. One book that changed your life: I don't know if this changed my life, but it changed my perspective on dating and marriage. Boundaries in Dating by Henry Cloud and John Townsend.

2. One book that you’ve read more than once: I read books constantly and I read them multiple times. I think it's because I read fast. I have read Roots by Alex Haley about 4 times (you know you've read a book a lot when the cover has fallen off) and I've read all the Harry Potter books twice.

3. One book you’d want on a desert island: I would want a book that would keep my interest so yes even though it's the go to answer I am going to say The Bible becasue even though it comes as one "book" it's many books that all have extremely interesting stories. I would probably want The Message version though, just to be able to read it in a modern day language.

4. One book that made you laugh: As You Like It by William Shakespeare. I know it's weird that I can laugh at Shakespeare by just reading it instead of seeing the play, but I studied it so much in high school and in college that I can read it pretty much understanding every word without looking it up. Plus any play is more amazing when you can read it and imagine what it looks like.

5. One book that made you cry: I've cried while reading a whole lot of books, but the one I can think that made me cry most recently was (now please don't laugh) The Second Summer of the Sisterhood by Ann Brashares.

6. One book you wish had been written: How to Cook a Meal and Clean Up Without Actually Doing Any Work! I hate cooking and I really do not like having to clean up everything after I've cooked it. If there's a book out there like this please let me know.

7. One book you wish had never been written: A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court by Mark Twain. Now I was an English minor in college and I love reading, but this book is the only book that I've ever gotten Cliffs Notes for. I had the hardest time reading it (I fell asleep everytime I opened it up) and I will probably never read it again.

8. One book you’re currently reading: I am reading a lot of books right now, but if I have to pick then it would probably be The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell and Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller.

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. I see it every time I go to the bookstore, but I never buy it.

10. One book you’d like to write: Junior High Drama: On and Off Stage. I have wanted to write this for a while. I think I would incorporate original scripts in it and make it a book for junior high students and maybe give them insight into a few things. I don't know, it's all still in my head. I think I would also like to write a book for wives of youth pastors. I just wish there was something like that out there that I could have read or could read, maybe there is and I just haven't looked. I feel like thenwife of a youth pastor is such a strange ministry to be involved in because there is this hidden thought among parents and volunteers that you are the "lady youth pastor." My working title is: Oh Crap, I Married a Youth Pastor! Now What Do I Do? :-)

Okay, I now tag John Snyder and Stephen Perry. They are the only two that I can find that don't have this on their blogs and I have no idea if they even read my blog, but I guess it's worth a try.

No comments: