Monday, August 21, 2006

Friendships are Hard

I wasn't going to post anything about this, but I feel as though I need to get it off my chest.

Have you ever thought that your life was going pretty good and you had no worries about anything? I felt like that until about a week ago when I went to check a message I had received on myspace. I had received a message from a girl I went to high school with and who I had always considered a really good friend. The message went a little something like "...now that we are mature and older... why didn't you like me in high school?" Now grant it I'll even admit that I have never been the greatest friend to some people, but I thought that after being out of high school for 7 years that I wouldn't have to deal with something like this. Apparently it has been festering with this person for sometime. The one thing that I can't understand about the question she asked me is that I never didn't like her in high school and I have never not liked her. I have disliked peoples attitudes in the past, but I have never even thought that about this person. I am an extremely sensitive person and when I read this it inititally hurt me, then it made me mad and now I have no idea what I'm feeling or what to write back to her. I have been mulling over it for a week and praying about what I should say, but I really dislike confrontation. I obviously don't want to be harsh in writing back and I don't want her to think that I don't like her, but I want her to know that I was hurt by her statement. I guess I'll just continue to pray about it until I figure out the right option.

No comments: