Friday, July 18, 2008

I've got hobbit feet and I'm ready for some action...

My feet are pretty much swollen all the time right now unless I don't walk on them all day. When I do elevate my feet though the swelling goes down pretty much to nothing. I'm hoping that Addie will come any day now (actually any minute would be even better).

People keep telling me that "the first one always comes late." Not true. I came a week early and I was the first one. None of my moms kids came late. I'm pretty much set out to prove all those people wrong so I'm hoping this girl gets here within the next week. Even the nurses at my NST appointment saw that I was scheduled to come in this morning and they said they actually checked to see if I'd already had the baby. One of the nurses said that I've been coming in so long that she thought surely by now I've popped this baby out. Obviously not the case when they saw me.

I will be 39 weeks on Monday. Pregnancy is sooooo long the last few weeks.

In my family both my sister and I are born on our grandma and grandpas birthdays, my brothers birthday is the day before my other grandmas birthday. So, my moms birthday is Tuesday. I 'm thinking that Addie is just waiting to come out and share her birthday with her grandma.

Let's just hope she comes out soon, like tonight... or maybe tomorrow... because tonight would be too quick and I'm gonna need that epidural!

2 comments:

Suefalla said...

I hear you!!
my actual due date is on tuesday, so if you have your baby before me I'm gonna be so jealous!!! ;-)

Hope everything goes well for you!!

Shon said...

Hey Nicole, I've been looking for a "we had our baby" post...if Mike is going to send a text or something out, have him add me-970 556 9936!! Shon