Friday, October 05, 2007

I Did It!!!

Today was the day of my minor outpatient surgery to remove the cyst from my body. At this current time my husband is out of the state so my mom came with me for moral support. They wouldn't let her stay in the room while they did, so she had to wait about an hour in the waiting room. I know my mom was nervous for me and didn't want to sit out there and just wait, but she ended up talking with the people out there.

Side Note: Something to know about my mom is that she can pretty much strike up a conversation with just about anybody, anywhere, at anytime. It's amazing to me because I am sooooo not like that.

The surgery took about 45 minutes. At first both the doctor and I couldn't find the cyst which was a little surprising cuz I've felt that it was gigantic for the last few months. After a few minutes it was found and I laid down on the table as the prepping began. The nurse held my hand which I think I squeezed pretty hard, but she just kept standing there. The worst part (note: stop reading now if you get queasy with medical things) was the numbing shot and the sounds of the doctor cutting the skin and then the actual cutting out of the cyst. It really didn't hurt just pressure and pulling. They said I did a really good job and I kept thanking the doctor for taking it out and being so patient with me.

I always think that I am the worst patient when in reality I'm probably not that bad. I didn't even cry, my eyes just welled up with tears a little bit, but nothing came out. Thank you so much for the support I've gotten from everyone through this difficult time. The last step in this whole process is just waiting about 2 weeks for the results of the biopsy. I hope that everything comes out negative!

No comments: