Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Today is my Birthday...

28 years ago today my mom gave birth to me. Thank you mom for going through labor. I now have a better understanding of what hard work that is. :-) Last year around this time I made a list of 27 things to do before I turned 27. Here is that list and what I did and did not accomplish:

1. Read 27 Books (Fiction & Non Fiction)
I'm pretty sure I met this goal. I forgot to count. But I did finally finish Blue Like Jazz. I really liked it a lot and now I am making a goal to read a book I got at Christmas last year by Donald Miller called Through Painted Deserts.
2. Be a better leader

I'm working on this everyday, I hope that I have been able to lead students in a better way
3. Visit at least one new state

This one was shot down when I got pregnant
4. Run a half marathon

Same as above.
5. Write an article for a youth journal or something similar

I have many thoughts but nothing yet on paper
6. Write at least 10 scripts for youth ministry

I think I wrote one and I have this other idea that keeps floating around in my head and it's actually a musical of sorts.
7. Take at least 4 more graphic design classes
I have taken 1 and a half (I had to go on modified bed rest during my spring class). I will begin taking classes again this Spring
8. Work out three times a week
I was until I went on modified bed rest during my pregnancy
9. Play the keyboard/piano more

I don't think I played once this year.
10. Finish my wedding and college scrapbooks

Nope, but I did start on my London scrapbook.
11. Be an awesome wife

I strive to do this one everyday. Some days are good, some days are not so good. :-)
12. Buy my first house

Possibly starting this process soon.
13. Take a cooking class

Nope
14. Start a discipleship group with teenage girls

Nope
15. Buy a Mac computer

Nope
16. Be an awesome aunt

Trying.. I don't get to see my nephew that often though... so sad. 17. See a TV show taping in L.A.
Nope
18. Go back to London

Nope, not this year, maybe next year.
19. Go camping

Nope
20. Go on a week long vacation with my husband

Went on vacation to San Diego, not a week long but it was still nice.
21. Start designing stuff for people & churches
Nope
22. Eat healthier

Pregnancy helped this. Having my daughter did not. I'd say I did good about 3/4 of the year
23. Volunteer somewhere other than at church

Nope, but I would like to do this when Addie gets a little older and I can leave her for a little longer
24. Connect better with friends

Somewhat... I'm not the best friend. I'm super forgetful and a bit of a procrastinator when it comes to calling and emailing people back
25. Work on being less stressed

I think I did the best with this... I still get stressed about things, but I think I am doing better everyday
26. Ride Space Mountain at Disneyland

Pregnancy kind of shot this one down too.
27. Be more faithful in my quiet times with God

I did well with this until I had a baby... now I need to make more of an effort to find time to spend with God.

Overall, I didn't meet many of my goals from last year so I am not making a list for this next year. I am going to try to accomplish some goals without writing them down. I did have a baby thoguh and that was a long term goal so I think that can take over and count for like half of the goals I made last year. :-)

1 comment:

samwise said...

praying that your day is blessed beyond measure...happy birthday!