Sunday, April 27, 2008

My Weekend...

My weekend was not a very exciting one but had a little more action than my week. My wonderful husband was gone at a retreat this weekend.


This is my husband after Mexico with the "lovely" beard he grew while down there.

.I had to have blood drawn on Thursday and this is what my arm looks like:


I think it was the lab techs first time becasue it took her forever to draw two viles of blood and she pinched my arm when pulling the needle out. Not to mention the lovely bruise she left for me. I have never bruised while giving blood before and I had to give five viles one time and it probably took the lady no more than a minute to take all that. It took this lady about two minutes. Oh well.

On Friday I hung out on my couch and my mom and sister brought me dinner. Then on Saturday my whole family (mom, dad, bro, sis) came over and mowed the front and backyards and cleaned up our patio and pulled about a hundred weeds. It was amazing. I love my parents. Not just because they did this but because they are just so willing to do those things at anytime. They also made it easier for Mike when he comes home not to have to do that. I don't have any before pics but it was pretty bad. The side yard was so bad my dad used the weed whacker to take the grass down to a normal level. My dad also felt bad because he weed whacked an alligator lizard in half. Here are some after pics and all the bags they filled up:


They also filled up the entire green waste can. It was pretty crazy.

In the afternoon my mom took me to get a pedicure. This was extremely nice and since all I was doing was sitting down during it we figured this could count as "couch" rest.

I apologize to anyone who thinks feet are gross, but mine aren't too bad in this picture especially given that I just had a pedicure.

I spent the night at my parents house and came home this morning to sit on my couch some more. And that folks was my weekend in words and pictures.

1 comment:

Beverly Curts said...

cute toes!