Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Obsession with the Belly...



Ever since people have found out I was pregnant they have had this obsession. The obsession is to pet my belly. I just don't understand why people want to touch it. They can't feel anything. She moves around just enough for me to feel her and even when Mike tries to feel her moving she stops. Side Note: Mike is allowed to touch the belly, but not for super long! My theory is that she doesn't like people touching my belly either, that's why she stops moving. I try holding my own hands in front of my belly so people don't touch it, but sometimes it doesn't work. They somehow sneak their hands in there.

When people ask me why I don't like it this is what I tell them:
" How would you like it if someone came up to you and started to pet your stomach area? It would be strange right? Yes, there is a baby in there, but when you touch my belly you are touching me not my baby. To me that's just a bit creepy!"

So, if you know me and you see me and you have the urge to touch my belly... please don't. I won't get mad, just a little weirded out.

3 comments:

Allison said...

You are so glad that you don't see me very often, then because I would YELL at Addison all the time...

Casey Angulo said...

I am not big into people touching my belly either. You are not alone.

Suefalla said...

Yes, you should be so glade that you don't see Allison very often because she DOES yell at my belly...