Monday, September 17, 2007

And the Diagnosis is...

I went to see the doctor at the Breast Clinic this morning and all is well in the life of Nicole. At least in that area. I do have two.. yes two... lumps in my left breast and the doctor I saw recommended that I have them removed. He said that they are fibrocysistic or something like that. So on October 5th at 8:30 in the morning I will be having a local shot in that region and they will remove the two cysts leaving only a small scar and I will be awake the entire time. I am not looking forward to the being awake part during the procedure, but I will deal with anything if it means not having the lumps anymore. The doctor said he likes to do this so if it happens again in say, ten years, I will be just as scared about it and get it checked out.

I am extremely relieved that the diagnosis was good and I thank everyone who reads this blog for your prayers. Please continue to pray that everything else in this process goes well.

No comments: