Thursday, September 27, 2007

Taking Time to Rest...

My life is constantly in the fast lane of the freeway! I am constantly on the run from one thing to the other. I tell people I have been super busy and then wonder if they think I'm making it up because they are usually the people I don't see all the time. I also sometimes wonder why I am so stressed when I don't work outside the home and I have no kids to take care of. This is why I have made the decision to cut back. I don't typically have a problem saying no to things, but sometimes I have trouble saying no to my husband. That is, until this morning. I have been talking about not volunteering with our Wednesday night program at church. I feel it's not the place for me right now and I'm not excited about it. This morning Mike told me I should just stop volunteering there starting now, so I said okay and he asked if I could at least go next Wednesday. That is when it happened I said no! Flat out no, I'm not going to. I think Mike was shocked by my response, but he is totally on board with my decision. SO as of 10am this morning I will no longer be volunteering on Wednesday nights.

I think so many times in our lives we get caught up in dong too many things. WE go from one task or activity to the next I know there are times that I "forget" to spend time with God because I've got to get to the next thing on my list. I forget to stop and listen to what God wants me to do. That is why I'm going to take the time to stop doing everything under the sun and just... rest.

No comments: