Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Back to School...

Today I went back to school for the first time in 4 years!

In case you are lost and don't know me or talk with me personally I am going back to school to obtain a graphic design certificate so I can hopefully do some free lance design for churches and companies and whoever else will want to higher me. The following is my first day at Riverside City College:

I was a bit nervous because I didn't have a clue where my classroom was and I heard it was hard to park at RCC. My class began at 8am and I had no trouble finding it, which was a relief. I took a seat at a computer (which are Macs, by the way, so that was awesome) and the professor was a lady which I was not expecting, but still cool. Turns out the lady was only subbing for the real professor because she is at a conference. Our actual professor is also a lady, which is still cool with me. We were then given a syllabus that has the wrong class dates for everything so that's a bit frustrating. The final project is worth half my grade! As the sub was reading the syllabus she told us we need a 1GB USB drive and then asked if anyone had one to show. Of course being the nerd I am brought one with me so I had to be the one who showed the class what it looked like. That was bit goofy because by the looks of my class I'm pretty sure we all know what that is.We then began to watch videos on something call Bridge, which from the 4 videos we watched I can only decipher that it is a storage spot for all the other Adobe applications. That took about an hour and then we had a break. After the break we opened up Adobe Photoshop and took the next hour and fifteen minutes to make a flier about a lost animal using shapes and tools on the tool bar. I proceeded to make a very crudely drawn lost chicken. I can't wait until the actual professor comes back so I can learn things a little better. Overall today has been an interesting first day back to school.

I am not sure why I have such a goofy expression on my face becasue it was too early in the morning for me to look that excited!

No comments: